Monday, July 23, 2007

A Quote I Got From President Clifford Once

"Death is not the enemy; age is not the enemy. These things are inevitable, they happen to everybody. But, what we ought to fear is the kind of death that happens in life. It can happen at any time. You're going along and then, at some point, you congeal. You know, like jelly. You're not fluid anymore. You solidify at a certain point and from then on your life is doomed to be a repetition of what you've done before. That's the enemy.

"There are two kinds of people walking around the earth. One kind, you can tell just by looking at them, at what point they congealed into their final selves. It might be a very nice self, but you know you can expect no more surprises from them.

"Whereas, the other kind keep moving, changing. With these people, you can never say 'X stops here,' or 'now I know all there is to know about Y.' And that is the kind of person I hope I shall always be."

I said, "but if they're always changing and moving, couldn't that mean they are just unstable?"

"Ah no. Far from it. They are fluid. They keep moving forward and making new trysts with life, and the motion of it keeps them young. In my opinion, they are the only people who are still alive."

-Author Unknown

1 comment:

Aunt Soup said...

Nice thought. I hope not to congeal. I have been practicing DDR and guitar hero...