Thursday, February 8, 2007

The Engineer's Woe

I just finished designing a bicycle shaft. I didn't do a very thorough job.

It is not because I don't know how to do it, but that fact did play a contributing role. It's more due to the fact that I can't figure out how to graph functions in MathCAD. Plus, a drawing that would take fifteen seconds on paper takes fifteen minutes in Paint.

But paper and pencil have drawbacks too. I get tired of punching numbers into my calculator, and also it's easier to erase and format your page when it's digital.

Alas.

4 comments:

Hosander said...

hurrah for a new post!

Benjamin said...

Thank you for finally posting something.

Beetle Bailey said...

I think it's great that you can do finger painting in your engineering classes. A bunch of homework done with fat blue and yellow marks prolly gets annoying for your teacher, though. Tell him I say hi.

Jancisco said...

Thank you for posting. I've stopped checking your blog out of sheer disappointment. But when I saw that you commented on Ben's blog, I had hope that maybe your blog had been resurrected. AND IT HAD!