Sunday, April 29, 2007

Marlboro Marbles Inc.

Me and my team of expert procrastinators finished our design project with hours to spare. Concentrating all of our energies on a semester-long marble-sorting machine design we finished it up in three days time. It takes a bin of black and white mixed marbles and sorts them into a bin of black marbles and a bin of white marbles.
If any of you are interested in purchasing this wonder-machine, it has a price tag of about $32,000. (With a $5,000 warrantee). That's a steal, if you have millions of unsorted marbles!

10 comments:

Jancisco said...

So. . . how does the machine know what is black and what is white?

MidSpeck said...

Actually, yeah. I am curious about how your electrical team designed the sensors, etc. and at what rate can your machine sort marbles?
These are all important facts that I need to know before I shell out that sort of money.

JethRobyn said...

I'll buy it for $3.99, and I'll throw in a slighty half chewed pack of Dentine Ice.

Hosander said...

wow...um...wow

Thaddeus said...

I got my former roommate, Ryan Shield Keith to be on my team, so he did all the electrical stuff. We had three QTI sensors that could see black, white and red. We made our sorting wheel red, so "red" meant "empty". I don't really understand the specifics, but I can send you the proposal if you'd like.

We calculated that at a maximum, we could sort around 23 marbles per second. The RFP required that we sort 4 per second.

Aunt Soup said...

I'm wondering if it comes in different colors to match our different bedrooms...

MidSpeck said...

Looks good. I don't remember how much my marble sorter ended up costing.

Benjamin said...

This turned out to be one of your most popular blog posts of all time. You should post something new.

Ryn said...

Ah, if only I had the money.....

Kendra said...

Ah, if only I had the marbles....