Monday, June 18, 2007

Thadvertise is BACK!

That's correct, ladies and gentlemen. I have discovered a cool little way to make money on this blog thing.

At one time I hated advertisements. I thought they were an obstruction of natural beauty; a necessary evil interrupting the television shows I so dearly loved. After watching Affluenza one day in AP Art class, I drew on a piece of paper in mocking protest of the commercialization of American society. I drew an ad. And I taped it to the side of my briefcase. My ad read something like this: "Advertise today! $1 per day, $5 per week!" And I had a hand-drawn marker picture of a briefcase on it.

I wanted to highlight the supreme silliness this world has come to, where you can't even go to a public high school without being bombarded with ads.

As with most of my jokes, I took this one seriously. I actively campaigned for customers. And it soon became much more than a joke. "Thadvertise" was actually making money! It was no 6-figure salary, but I viewed it as essentially free money.

Well, Thadvertise is back. If you look all the way down at the bottom of my page here, you will find a small, unobtrusive banner with relevant ads provided by Google. Every click gives me some money. And clicking is free for you to do. I'll let you know how big my first check is next month.

7 comments:

Kendra said...

So Thad...what I want to know is how many clicks does it take for you to earn enough money to buy a projector?

Also...is it ethical for us to just click away at things that don't interest us, charging the company seeking business for a click of a button we didn't really mean? Although, I have to say, I think that's a much better way to obtain a projector than by donut box.

As always...you're a genius at finding ways to earn a quick buck. Kudos!!

Benjamin said...

Ummm . . . Thad? Google AdSense only works if you get, like, thousands of blog views per day. Trust me when I tell you that none of us get enough views to make any money.

Hosander said...

It can't hurt you, so I say Why not

Thaddeus said...

All I have to do is get thousands of people reading my blog. Maybe if I write an article on, say, Paris Hilton.

Hosander said...

Maybe if you get Paris Hilton to read your blog it will catch on, like the it-girl. This can become the it-blog. I think you'd have to post more.

Mrs. Eliza said...

I clicked on it for you. I think you're Thadvertising well on your gmail chat. That's why I looked. And if you remember I took out an add on your briefcase in HS. I'm a fan of Thadvertisments. I'm glad it's back.

jaymee said...

Thadvertise! I always thought that was so funny.