Monday, November 5, 2007

See, I thought it was freeze-tag

Here are the rules:
A. Each player lists 6 facts/habits about himself/herself.
B. At the end of the post, the player then tags 6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them each a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog, for these rules.


1) I bought a home theater projector about a week and a half ago. I haven't made it widely known because, like a guy I know who bought a Mini Cooper one day on a whim without consulting his wife, I fear the reprimand for frivolous spending. I really have some good rationalization for this one, though.

2) I've recently discovered a delightful, funny, and slightly macabre program on ABC called Pushing Daisies. It's directed by Barry Sonnenfeld; same guy who made The Addams Family, Lemony Snicket's Series of Unfortunate Events, and Men In Black.

3) I acquired a new house-mate named Ben, which displaced me and my stuff into cousin Bret's room. At first I distrusted Ben because he has dark curly hair. (See 4, below).

4) I have come to recognize that I have an innate dislike for men with curly hair. This has been a life-long gut feeling, but I've only recently identified it. This is the reason I couldn't stomach early Tom Hanks films, like Big (also directed by Barry Sonnenfeld). I had a similar aversion to Growing Pains, The Wonder Years, and (my now good friend) Jimmy Winterton. I am not sure why this particular feature upsets me so much, and I find it amusing.

5) I get frequent mouth sores. (Eww! Gross!) Right at this moment I can feel two inflamed taste-buds, one canker sore on my lip, a section of my hard palate is irritated, I bit my cheek eating Thai food the other night, and I have a sore throat. Any movement of my tongue makes me wince.

6) Instead of following my plan to do homework today between Vibrations and Math, I followed cousin Steve to the student center for some free Aggie ice cream. They were also playing bingo, so we joined them. Since the senior citizens were too busy to come for bingo that day, we didn't have a lot of competition. I won a T-shirt and a scarf, and a $5 gift certificate to La Beau's.

I do hereby tag: Cousin Steve, Cousin Bret, Alisha, Cousin Willie, Rebecya, and Curtix

11 comments:

Benjamin said...

Ummmm . . . Thad? That's really only 1.5 items.

Thirdmango said...

Let me guess...

2) I've recently discovered a delightful, funny, and slightly macabre program on abc called Pushing Daisies.

Did I win? I'm sure it's this one cause everyone who watches it loves it. I have yet to find someone who doesn't love it.

Thaddeus said...

Ben, in my haste to italicize the title of my new favorite show, I accidentally hit Ctrl P instead of Ctrl I, which published my pompous post prematurely.

Jon, you are amazingly correct! Do you love it also?

Jancisco said...

Wahoo! Big ol' post. Interesting thing about the curly hair. really, kind of bizzare.

I'll have to check out that program.

you have a class called "Vibrations"? That sounds pretty hallucinogenic.

Jancisco said...

oh yeah, and I always get cankers when I use mouthwash so maybe you should try not using that, if you use it. Don't worry, i still brush my teeth.

JethRobyn said...

YEA THAD! You completed your tag, I hold no guilt over your head any longer. I'm not sure about the curly hair thing, but I do have a natural fear of red-heads...

Kendra said...

You won three times at Bingo? Sweet!...did Steve ever get to win?

I have to say that I'm glad you like Pushing Daisies as well. My parents exposed me to it...and I have to say that the shows just keep getting better and better. Hopefully it will last!!!

Hosander said...

How can you tag Rebecya? I didn't even know she had a blog

Thaddeus said...

I tagged some people I would like to have blogs.

Hosander said...

I see how that works

Jenette said...

I would never judge anyone on frivolous spending. This coming from the girl who just spent too much money on clothes, shoes, movies, etc. because she had a birthday and didn't know how else to deal with it. Anyone know a good therapist?

And dark curly hair is awesome.