Friday, March 21, 2008

Make It a Double

I lead a double life.

Yes, I am here to tell you that in the time it takes you mere mortals to live one day (24 hours) I live through two. My first morning begins much the same as yours, except it's darker and about 4 hours earlier. I wake up, dress, eat, and drive to work. Because I'm a student, half of my first day of the day is spent in classes, furiously copying down notes from the whiteboards. I finish the day at home, eating lunch and watching the Colbert Report online. Bedtime is at 1:30pm.

My second morning begins around 5 or 6 in the evening. I wake up groggy, but refreshed. It takes a little time to get my voice back. I take the necessary time to complete homework, eat, and do whatever kind of social activity there is that day. I try to end my second day at about the same time as you normal people: 11ish.

I would recommend the benefits of double-day living to everyone, except Bret informed me that I only have a certain number of days to live my life and this will bring me to my grave in half the time.

Me: I feel gross. I haven't showered since...yesterday.
Bret: So?
Me: Well, I've slept three times since then.
Bret: Oh, okay. You should shower.

6 comments:

Thirdmango said...

As someone who used to live a ever changing schedule life, I can understand your double life. My life was one in which one part of the week I would fall asleep around 11 pm. Then later that week I would sleep at 7 am, then a couple days later back to 11 pm. Just how my body would sleep when left to it's own devices.

Bus Gillespie said...

its a good thing you are young and resiliant. My day generally begins at 5:00 and a shower or a run is a great way to get the blood cells moving again. I believe it was T. Edison that worked on the 4 hour nap schedule, he felt that was eough time to regain his energy. but as StarTrek has warned us you need to get enough sleep to have your dream cycle or you will begin having bad hallucinations. Hopefully you are learning bunches and raking in the cash!

The Cute One said...

I am impressed with your resilience with your new job. Me personally can barely function at 8am let alone 4 in the morning. So keep on truckin' along.

Jancisco said...

how many hours do you work? What time do you go to bed at night?

Beetle said...

So, when I come visit you. . . when would we go to the clubs?

Thaddeus said...

I've gotten adjusted. I actually feel wide awake at 4am now. But when 2pm comes and I haven't gone to sleep yet...whew! It takes me down like the Titanic.