Wednesday, July 16, 2008

TeeVee

I do all of my television watching on-line now. It's way more efficient. There are shorter and fewer commercials, you can watch whenever and wherever you like, and most every show is online; some are even in high-def! They've even started putting old shows online, like Batman: the Animated Series.

My staple show is the Colbert Report. I haven't missed an episode in years. I usually have it on my laptop as I prepare and consume my dinner, since cooking for one is a time-consuming process (considering the desired output: a single plate). It takes my mind off my gurgling, angry stomach.

Another favorite has been Wait Wait... Don't Tell Me! It's not TV, it's actually an NPR radio game show that plays weekly on Saturday mornings, but you can listen any time online. This is one I can listen to as I clean the kitchen or fold my laundry. They tell funny jokes. This makes me laugh.

I've also watched Lost, Heroes, Pushing Daisies, and My Name is Earl, but since I've caught up to the latest episodes (no thanks to the prolonged writers strike), there hasn't been much draw for them lately. Today, at the behest of Toni and Ben, I started watching the second season of 30 Rock. (The first season isn't on the site). It's very witty and quick, and I love their rapid-fire cut-scenes to people and events they reference in conversation.

I want more options. Is there a favorite show or radio program of yours that you could recommend?

12 comments:

Hosander said...

we have the first season on dvd, that and your pigs

Thirdmango said...

It seems someone hasn't yet discovered the greatness that is www.hulu.com There you can find Arrested Development, a show if you haven't watched you probably should. House is also good and up your alley if you're liking Heroes and Lost. Firefly is a must see if you haven't yet. Then lastly, you would adore this show

http://www.hulu.com/psych

Psych. It's brilliance.

Steve said...

Psych is also one of mine and Jodie's favorite shows. We'd also suggest Monk. Both comedy crime solving shows, and both highly recommended.

Hosander said...

yes, Hulu is where we go for all our entertainment needs.

See Ben for more information

Diana said...

We watched a show on ABC.com I believe. It was called Daybreak. It was only 13 episodes or so. It was really awesome.

JethRobyn said...

I didn't see "the office" mentioned, or "scrubs", pretty much the only reason TV is worth having.

Nasty Butler said...

I agree with thirdmango. If you are watching 30 Rock, you DEFINITELY need to be catching up on Arrested Development. The Office is also a good one, though earlier seasons are better than what's being put out now.

Paula said...

This American Life is another quirky radio show that you can listen to while working.

Jeanna said...

Thad- It great to meet you. I hope you had a good time floating down the river...It was fun playing In a Pickle and the other game (I can never remember the name of it)with you.
-Jeanna

The Cute One said...

I like "scrubs" and "my boys".

Kimber said...

We love "Wait, Wait" but we miss it a lot on Saturdays when it airs locally. Thanks for the tip, we won't miss it again.

Jenette said...

Monk and Psych are 2 of my favorites.