Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Ambercrombie and Finch

Dear Designer Clothing Company,

I regret to inform you that I will not wear your shirts, jeans, hats, and shoes sporting your company logo until I am compensated according to market advertising prices. I am well aware of how much corporations will pay for name-recognition and viral marketing schemes.
Did you really think we'd fall for it? That we would pay handsomely for the "privilege" of promoting your wares to all the other kids at school?

I will gladly display your logo on my clothing as soon as you hire me as an advertiser.

Sincerely,
Thad Gillespie

8 comments:

Benjamin said...

The one that just says '92' doesn't advertise anything, except for the number 92.

Kendra said...

Is this how you got customers for your briefcase?

Robyn said...

way to stick it to the man thad.

Hosander said...

Isn't it ABercrombie? not Ambercrombie? or are you making a joke I don't know about?

MidSpeck said...

It's not really "Finch" either. I'd say he did it on purpose to make a point. A point that I completely agree with. =)

Jinx said...

Down with The Finch down with Old Navy!! We're not paying you to let us advertise!!!

Jancisco said...

I agree. In fact, I just put a bunch of little boy clothes in the Goodwill pile (exactly like a DI pile) that advertised for companies and numbers too. Take that.

Thaddeus said...

Ben, I don't give free rides to ungrateful numbers, either. Does 92 give back to the community? I don't think it has even so much as sponsored an episode of Sesame Street.