Monday, August 3, 2009

Here's a Tip!

1. To make your speech and writing less negative, consider replacing "but" with "and" in your sentences, but make sure it's appropriate for the context.

2. To make your speech and writing less negative, consider replacing "but" with "and" in your sentences, and make sure it's appropriate for the context.

The "but" in sentence #1 automatically throws the first clause into question. The "and" in sentence #2 builds on the idea of the first clause without changing the meaning. Subtle things like this actually impact a person's perception of you.

In my experience people like dealing with builders more than doubters.

4 comments:

Suzy said...

Thad,
you are brilliant.

Diana said...

I'll let you know how it goes and report.

Rachel Stella said...

Thaddeus you're too funny!

Clinto Beans said...

I've noticed this alot actually and have experimented with it... Great advice and I'm glad I actually have a brilliant intelectual to back my thoughts up. Thanks Thad!