Wednesday, October 14, 2009

What's your favorite cologne?


What's your favorite cologne?

I'm not asking because I've suddenly developed an interest in fragrance. Quite the opposite. I'm coming down to the last few drops of the bottle of Old Spice aftershave that I was given as a twelve-year-old at an extended Gillespie family Christmas party. Since I'll be buying a new scent anyway, I thought I'd find out what's good, especially if this one lasts as long as the first.

Gentlemen, what do you use?
Ladies, what flavors do you like to smell on your paramour?

5 comments:

Benjamin said...

First of all, after shave is very different from cologne. You need to make sure you know what you're getting into.

You also need to decide what your price range for cologne is. In my experience, you really do get what you pay for. Cheap cologne usually smells too strongly. For $30-40 you can usually get a tasteful, pleasant cologne that won't make peoples' noses bleed.

The next time you're down here, I would be happy to go cologne shopping with you.

J said...

I would like to be on that shopping trip

Jancisco said...

Ben just bought some banana republic cologne. It's just got an M on it. I think it means Men.

I really like it.

The Cute One said...

There is a cologne called 'victoria's secret for men'. That smells very good.

Bus Gillespie said...

I'm glad to see you have some advise givers with taste (or smell) my aftershave/cologne decisions have always been purely economic. And I've never had a bottle that has lasted me 12 years??