Sunday, October 14, 2007

Crunch time

Mr. USU 11th Ward continued...

Okay, here are the final ideas: I'm going to dress as Homestarrunner for the superhero (a simple costume: white (long) pants, red shirt with star, blue beanie, arms tucked inside shirt).

I'm going to sing "I Hold Your Hand In Mine," possibly to a lovely young audience member.

And I'm going formal in evening wear suited to my ancestry. I'm putting together a rather make-shift kilt tomorrow evening and this is where I hope things get pulled together suitably. If any of y'all have some tips for making a quick, yet believable kilt, send 'em my way. (I already found the fabric)

6 comments:

Jancisco said...

use safety pins. From your sisters.

Hosander said...

I really don't like that you have a link to your own blog. sometimes I push it.

Word Diva said...

I still think you should look in the girl section for a plaid skirt then dress it up with a circle of fur and metalic bobbles. The easyist way of doing it is to get a lot of material, hem stich the bottom and top and leave a small opening on the top and then gather the material on an appropriately sized peice of elastic, tie it off and viola! You have a kilt. So do I get a candybar?

Word Diva said...

Lots of spelling mistakes. Sorry.

The Cute One said...

You looked awesome in that kilt and the song was amazing!! Congratulations on winning Mr. USU 11th ward!!!

Jancisco said...

DID YOU REALLY WIN????